Sunday, June 12, 2011

Group Leadership Project Part B: Script and Storyboard

For our group leadership project we have met quite a few times on Google Docs to discuss plans and edit the presentation together. Everyone has made a very conscientious effort to diligently work on their role and have it done by the deadlines we've set in place. Also, everyone has been willing to make changes to what they did if other group members suggested it.

At the beginning stages I was worried about my level of participation because my real work would not begin until after the script and storyboard were done. However, there were a few tasks that I was able to help with in creating both the storyboard and script. I was able to add images to slides that would enhance the presentation and I created a Wordle for the last slide to tie all of our concepts together. I also edited a few parts of the script and offered feedback. The main creation of the storyboard was split between Stacy and Allyson, while the script was a collaborative effort, but largely written by Debbie. Debbie then recorded the script and sent it to me. This is where my real job came in. I uploaded all of the images and the recording to iMovie. I then needed to match the sound to the slides (Debbie also used Screen O Matic, but I wasn't sure how to add music, transitions, etc. to that so I stuck with iMovie). It was a time consuming process the way I did it and I'm guessing there are quicker ways, but it got the job done. I will now be adding in the transitions, music, sound effects, etc. and uploading it to You Tube.

I think the group worked very well together and did a great job of meeting self imposed deadlines. Everyone in the group is very thorough and hard working and I think it shows in the presentation. I'm looking forward to having the final presentation completed so we can all see our hard work in a finalized format.

To view the storyboard and script, click here: 
https://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dgxr43w2_34cct369fq or scroll through the presentation below:


No comments:

Post a Comment